Thursday, April 19, 2012

4.19 - Rondout Hydro-Electric Plant

The same evidence that has been showing us how much of their ordinary environments people respond to is also leading us to the idea that people have within them various brain-body mechanisms that react to different aspects of their surroundings. 
Quick walk this morning along my standard route near the Rondout Reservoir - I'm feeling a bit sore from yesterday's rigorous hike through the Lemon Squeeze. While I usually focus on my natural surroundings, the graphic designer in me can't help but admire the contrast in shapes and textures created by the stark lines of this utility fence and the bold outlines of the cement/brick buildings. This image was captured with my iPhone 4 using the Hipstamatic app. Some additional adjustments were made in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please select a comment profile from the pull down menu below when submitting your comments. Your post will be published once it is approved.