Saturday, April 28, 2012

4.28 - Hawthorn Blossoms

4.28.12 Hawthorn Blossoms • 8x8 • limited edition of 30 • © Margaret Helthaler
The hardest part of artmaking is living your life in such a way that your work gets done, over and over… A piece of art is the surface expression of a live lived within productive patterns.
I had a lazy Saturday morning and did not get out for a walk. So this afternoon I attached a fish eye lens to my iPhone and perused our yard for inspiration. We planted this Washington Hawthorn tree several years ago. It was a free gift when we joined the National Arbor Day Foundation. I recall thinking my husband was being a bit optimistic when he planted what I equated to a “dead stick” that had arrived via the US postal service. Now we have a beautiful, tall flowering tree gracing our lawn. I never would have believed it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please select a comment profile from the pull down menu below when submitting your comments. Your post will be published once it is approved.