Monday, April 23, 2012

4.23 - Old Apple Tree

4.23.12 Old Apple Tree • 8x8 • limited edition of 30 • © Margaret Helthaler
In short, the places where we spend our time affect the people we are and can become.
I’ve been admiring this apple tree on my drive to where I park for my morning walks by the Rondout Reservoir. The erratic spring temperatures have wreaked havoc with many of the apple trees this year and their blossoms are sparse. But this tree is bursting with promise – not even last night’s heavy rains or the ongoing early morning drizzle can dampen its magnificent display. I captured this image with my iPhone 4 using the Hipstamatic app and made some additional adjustments in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please select a comment profile from the pull down menu below when submitting your comments. Your post will be published once it is approved.